The purpose of the Office of Professional Standards is to ensure the integrity of the Lakeland Police Department through the objective and intensive investigation of allegations of police misconduct. Every investigation must be conducted in a fair and thorough manner, with truth as the primary objective. The department recognizes that the rights of the employee and the rights of the public must be preserved.
The Office of Professional Standards (OPS) is responsible for investigating all complaints of misconduct against our Department or personnel. The goals of the Office of Professional Standards are accountability, professionalism and integrity.
The Office of Professional Standards is staffed by a Lieutenant, a Sergeant, two detectives, an accreditation manager and an administrative secretary.
The unit is responsible for:
• Investigation of citizen complaints
• Review and revision of general orders (Accreditation)
• Tracking use of force reporting and vehicle pursuits
• Bias Based Policing
• Other issues as directed by the Chief of Police
It is the goal of the Lakeland Police Department to provide the best possible police service to our citizens, therefore we constantly monitor the activities of personnel in the effort to achieve the highest standards of conduct.
Reasons for Monitoring Employee Performance
• Protection of the Public
• Protection of the Department
• Protection of the Employee
• Correction of Policy or Procedural Problems
• Removal of Unfit Personnel
Lieutenant LeRon Strong
Sergeant George Anthony
Detective Paula Parker
Detective Jamey Henderson
Detective Shaun Carver