The Lakeland Police Department will be accepting applications for the 2020 Cops for Kids Toy Donation program on Monday, November 2, and Tuesday, November 3, 2020. Parents or guardians needing assistance must register at the police station between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. or 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. in the Don Jones Community Room, located on the second floor of the station.
Families registering must bring the following:
- Current Lakeland Electric Bill (Must Have a Lakeland Address)
- Photo ID
- Original Birth Certificate for Each Child
Registration does not guarantee acceptance and applicants must not have received assistance from the program for the past two years.
Now in its fourteenth year, the Cops for Kids toy donation program, with the help of generous community donors, allows families to provide their children with a happy holiday. Beginning November 8, new unwrapped toy donations for children up to 12 years of age can be dropped off at any of the following locations:
- Lakeland Police Station / 219 N. Massachusetts Ave.
- Lakeland Libraries (Main & Jackson Branch) / 100 Lake Morton Dr. and 1700 N. Florida Ave.
- City Hall / 228 S. Massachusetts Ave.
- Lakeland Electric / 501 E Lemon St.
- Kelly Recreation Complex / 404 Imperial Blvd.
Monetary donations are also accepted and can be mailed to:
Att: Crime Prevention Unit
Lakeland Police Department
219 N Massachusetts Avenue
Lakeland, FL 33801
Please notate Cops for Kids on the memo line of your check or money order.
The toys collected will be given to parents at the annual Cops for Kids pick-up party in December.